Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Very Best Pork Tenderloin Marinade

This is the best marinade I have ever had for pork tenderloin. My Mom got it from her hairdresser several years ago. I've given this recipe to just about everyone who has tried it. Next time I make it I'll post some pictures!

Pork Tenderloin Marinade
1/4 C. olive oil
3 T. soy sauce
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. ginger (I've used both fresh and powdered)
3-4 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 C. brown sugar
3 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 C. Jack Daniels

Combine all ingredients (I usually do it in a zip top bag), and marinate pork. Try to marinate for several hours; less than 6-8 usually results in not much marinade flavor in the pork. Grill until internal temperature is about 160 degrees (or whatever is appropriate for pork for you!). You can also brown this in an oven safe pan on the stove (if you HAVE one), and then finish it in a 400 degree oven (I use an oven thermometer with a probe, so I am not entirely sure how long it takes in a new, PROPERLY functioning oven (since I haven't had one in some time). Hope you love it too!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I won 1/2 gallon of Jack Daniels recently at a raffle. I purchased a pork tenderloin recently at a store. I searched the net for some marinades. Looked at a few, but this one caught my eye, due to the Jack Daniels. I cook all the time, people love my cooking, and I love to cook. This tasted delicious. Your key statement was the amount of time to marinate it, so true!! The first time, I was in a hurry, good but not great. Gave it a second chance, marinated overnight, great!! I will certainly use this marinade again!! Tell your mom thanks for me.

Novaultra said...

I made this for a party this past weekend, and grilled two pork tenderloins using the indirect method on a Weber. It was delicious! I marinated it overnight in acknowledgement of the comments. Thanks to your Mom.

Unknown said...

I am not used to cooking with pork, but my local Trader Joe's started carrying a small family sized tenderloin and I decided to try it. I found your recipe and I happened to have ALL of the ingredients except the JD, which is a near miracle... I used cognac instead and accidentally marinated it for two days, a huge lunch derailed my dinner plans. OK so I'm not the most prepared cook, :) but the tenderloin turned out amazing! I browned it first and then placed it in a roasting pan over apple slices dusted with pumpkin pie spice, and cooked it @400 F for 35 minutes. It was delicious! Thanks for your family recipe, this is going to become one of ours.

Unknown said...

Delicious!! I made the marinade just as you suggested and it is terrific. I let the pork marinate overnight and the pork was so flavorful. Thank you for sharing your recipe!

Unknown said...

I just "stumbled upon" this recipe, and adapted it for dinner tonight.
http://asinglestepblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-love-marinades.html Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

The name given to this marinade smacks of conceit, that's until you taste the finished product :) by then I bet you'll be in agreement.

My guests, family and I all loved it.

Have used it also with chicken breasts - delicious.

I just placed the meat/poultry and the marinade into a pan and into a hot oven 190C for approx 30mins. Use the marinade from the pan as a sauce - it's all just SO good

Stephen C said...

Googling "pork tenderloin marinade" brought me here. Love the sound of the marinade. Not so fond of cooking pork to 160 degrees. It is not necessary to get it over 150. In the unlikely event there's still any trichina worms out there, 138 degrees kills them.

Unknown said...

Does it work the same without JD?

Phil said...

h

Phil said...

Hi,
I would like to try this marinade. Could you please explain the measurements? T vs t? Tablespoons? Teaspoons?
Thanks!

db said...

I also googled pork tenderloin marinade and it brought me here. Its 1am and the pigs are in the fridge soaking till 6pm tomorrow. I subbed Knob Creek Single Barrel for the JD. Ill let you know how it turns out. Thank for a great recipie!

angry danes said...

If you add 2 tsps of white vinegar the meat will take the marinade in 30 mins - 1 hr and won't taste like vinegar at all.

tlc said...

I used woodford reserve instead of jd...amazing!